Saturday, May 20, 2006

London

The Gig


It was at a club called Dingwalls (The Jam have played there) in Camden Town.




This is Camden Town.


A friend of Ron Chamberlain's, who i had recently met on myspace, came to the gig and she sent a bottle of Champaign to our (tiny) dressing room. Her name is Kirstn. After the show I went out and met her and her two mates (that's what they call friends here). One of her mates, Russ, turned out to be Ron Chamberlain's (Jann's production manager from the last tour) brother. We chatted for a while and then we arranged to meet at the BEST coffee shop (near Carnaby street) the next day.


at Dingwalls

Kirstn, Jann, Russ Chamberlain & Nikki




Covent gardens @ Night in the rain


Graham finds a Job in London




When I met with Kirstn the next day, I got to see the casting agency she worked at (called Take 5 Studios on Beak Street). I helped her with a couple of computer problem and she offered to hire me for some work the next day as an IT guy!


That was GREAT for me. Everything is SO expensive in London that the extra 75 pounds for a few hours work really came in handy. And I met the great people that worked there, and they were really nice. We ended up going to the pub together and drinking until we got kicked out! They are even talking about having me back in a few months for maybe a weeks worth of work! What a great working holiday that would be.




What a great time!

No comments: