Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Munnich

The Drive


Was uneventful and pretty short from Stuttgart to Munnich. We were determined to go out on the town when we arrived in Munnich.


Munnich by Night


We went to this really great touristy typical German pub with a live band in Ledderhosen playing "oom pa pa" songs in 3/4 time. The beers we ordered were in HUGE mugs (see photos) it was a litre of beer! Jann and I danced to the last song of the night the band played. We ordered some food (yes they had something vegetarian for me) I had potato balls in mushroom soup! It was HUGE. We just got our order in 1 minute before the kitchen closed and we were promptly kicked out 5 minutes before closing time. They seem to be very 'time efficient' here in Germany.


DSCF6928.JPG


DSCF6931.JPG


DSCF6927.JPG


Then we stopped off and one more NICE bar for a last beer before we called it a night.


The Venue


Was built for the 1972 Olympics. It's pretty NICE!


Russ and Jody went out to do some laundry and I am just hanging out in the hotel lobby trying to decide if it's worth the 20 euros for the internet before I go to the venue (in three and a half hours) I think I can wait for the free internet at the venue....


I held out and I am enjoying my free internet here at the venue.

No comments: