Saturday, May 20, 2006

Paris

The Drive


Right after we got off stage in Luxembourg, we hopped in the van and drove to paris. We arrived in Paris at 1am on a Saturday night. I can't believe how BUSY it is at that time. It was like rush hour. And those traffic cirlces are absolutely insane! There are NO lanes, just people cutting across traffic. I was glad to not be driving. Although I have seen so many Vespas and SMART cars, that i sometimes wish I were driving!


The Next Day


I went out exploring. I found one of those big traffic cirlces we went through the nigth before and they had closed it to cars, and they were having a great market there. It seemed much more peaceful without the traffic.



I also saw lot's of scooters here! And had a nutella and banana crepe!


scooter


metro sign


Gold Bicycle


The Gig


Was good, I thought, although I rushed good mother a bit. The crowd seemed to like us even though for a lot of them, it was probably the first time they had heard of Jann Arden. Jann ALWAYS sings SO great, it's so inspiring just to close my eyes and get caught up in the music. I did that for the first time on tour tonight. I also, looked out at the audience, they seemed friendly looking back at me.


We also said goodbye to Nikki on her last night in Paris.


DSCF6845.JPG copy

As usual, we ran off stage, dropped of our ears and packed into the van. We probably were on the road a mere 10 minutes after we got off stage. We are getting really fast at that.


The Drive


Our diver Torbin, is a really good driver. He drives FAST but he is very careful. He is just describing a horrible accident he witnessed, pretty gross. Jann joked with him tonight "Hey Torbin, how's the tour bin'?" He didn't get it but even after we explained it to him he didn't laugh! Ha ha ha. He's German but speaks perfect english, just doesn't get our sophisticated canadian humour I guess.


We play Stuttgart tomorrow and Munnich the next day, then we have a day or two off in Munich. Michael has a Hugo Boss sponsorship (i think) so they are going to take us to the Hugo Boss outlet to get some cheap clothes (relatively).


I just noticed that we are going 190km/h. I have NEVER gone that fast before and been on the GROUND. But we did make the last stretch of the drive through germany pretty FAST!

No comments: